To all our valued Ready Vet clients,
The Australian Prime Minister has released a three step plan for reopening Australia after our COVID-19 partial lockdown. We are easing our protocols in line with these steps, currently moving into step one of three. We remain committed to minimising the risk of human to human transmission of this disease for our clients and staff. Most importantly we will continue to maintain social distancing while ensuring that your pets continue to get the highest standard of medical care that they require at Ready Vet.
We are now inviting clients back into the building with a maximum of one client per consult room and only two clients in our reception area at any time. We are still offering contactless consults for clients who would prefer not to enter the building. We have advanced cleaning protocols in place and hand sanitiser stations for staff and clients.
Please make sure that you or the person that is bringing your pet to the appointment:
- Is not currently positive for COVID-19
- Is well, with no respiratory symptoms (including but not limited to, coughing, sneezing, runny nose)
- Is not in a quarantine arrangement due to recent travel history, or had exposure to a person with known or possible COVID-19 in the last 14 days
When you arrive for surgery admission, consult or discharge:
- Please phone us from your car to let us know that you have arrived.
- If you are coming in for your pet’s consult we will still ask you to wait in your car and come to collect you when we are ready. One owner only may come inside.
- If you would prefer a contactless consult we will send a staff member to your car to collect your pet for their appointment. We may ask you some questions as we collect your pet. You can remain in your vehicle while we take your pet inside for examination and phone you on your mobile to discuss our clinical findings and the treatment plan going forward for your pet.
For counter sales or repeat prescriptions:
- Please call in advance (or from your car if already at the clinic), and advise us of what you require. Our staff are always happy to help or make recommendations for products, whether parasite prevention, shampoos or food.
- If you would prefer contactless we can take payment over the phone, or bring the EFT terminal to your car when you arrive.
We have in place many thorough and stringent protocols for frequently cleaning all common areas, equipment and technology to reduce any potential environmental contamination against all viruses and bacteria. We use cleaning agents with the highest levels of proven efficacy. Please know that all cages, kennels, beds, and dishes are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly in between patients, using effective disinfectants. Our staff members are trained in the effective use of personal protective equipment, thorough sterile hand washing and disinfectant use to maintain safety amongst both our staff, and clients and their pets.
We are committed to providing the highest-level continued care throughout this challenging and ever-evolving time. We thank you for your help and understanding in achieving this and for your continued support.
Our staff are always here to help, so please do not hesitate to contact us on (07) 4091 7556 with any questions.
Team Ready Vet