To all our valued Ready Vet clients,
In light of recent events and the spread of COVID-19 nationally and internationally, Ready Vet is introducing new protocols and ways of providing medical attention and care to your pets, so that we can minimise the risk of human to human transmission of this disease for you as clients, and for our staff. These new protocols will ensure that we maintain social distancing standards, as well as ensure your pets continue to get the highest standard of medical care that they require at Ready Vet.
For making an appointment:
- Please call us on (07) 4091 7556 as usual to make your appointment at an allocated time. We will advise you over the phone to please remain in your car when you arrive.
Please make sure the person, friend or family member that is bringing your pet to the appointment:
- Is not currently positive for COVID-19
- Is well, with no respiratory symptoms (including but not limited to, coughing, sneezing, runny nose)
- Is not in a quarantine arrangement due to recent travel history, or had exposure to a person with known or possible COVID-19 in the last 14 days
When you arrive:
- Remain in your car when you arrive at our clinic, either in our designated car park, or one of the many roadside parks available. Please phone us from your mobile on 4091 7556 to let us know that you have arrived for your appointment time.
- If you do not have a mobile phone available, please pop your head up to the first door at the ramp, and while staying outside on our balcony, alert reception staff that you have arrived, then head back to your car to wait.
- Please do NOT enter the building, as we are trying to minimise person to person contact, as well as maintain social distancing.
- We will send a staff member down to your car to collect your pet for their appointment. We may ask you some questions as we collect your pet. We ask that you remain in your vehicle, while we take your pet inside for examination.
- We will then phone you on your mobile to discuss our clinical findings, and discuss the best diagnostics and treatment plan going forward for your pet, as well as organise any paperwork going forward.
For discharge procedures:
- Please arrive as per normal at your allocated discharge time.
- Please remain in your vehicle and call us on 4091 7556 to let us know that you have arrived to collect your pet.
- We will have comprehensive written discharge instructions for your pet, for you to take home and read thoroughly. If you have any questions after reading this, please don’t hesitate to phone us at Ready Vet for clarification.
- Payment may be taken over the phone, or we can arrange a staff member to bring our EFT terminal to your vehicle (This is cleaned regularly using vigorous decontaminating methods).
- We will bring your pet to you in the car park.
For counter sales or repeat prescriptions:
- Please call in advance (or from your car if already at the clinic), and advise us of what you require. Our staff are always happy to help or make recommendations for products, whether parasite prevention, shampoos or food.
- We can take payment over the phone, or bring the EFT terminal to your car when you arrive.
- We will bring your pre-organised products out to you.
While we understand that it may be very difficult for you to leave your pets with us while we examine them, and we acknowledge that a veterinary clinic can sometimes be a scary place for your pet, please know that we do everything we can to minimise your pets fear or hesitancy, and make their visit as stress free as possible. Here at Ready Vet, we treat all our client’s pets like they are our own, getting all the cuddling, reassurance, treats and stress-free handling possible.
Please note that as the emerging COVID-19 situation continues to grow and change across Australia, we aim to grow and evolve with it, providing the most up to date protocols to minimise disease transmission, while providing your pet with the top level care that they need.
We have in place many thorough and stringent protocols for frequently cleaning all common areas, equipment and technology to reduce any potential environmental contamination against all viruses and bacteria. We use cleaning agents with the highest levels of proven efficacy. Please know that all cages, kennels, beds, and dishes are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly in between patients, using effective disinfectants. Our staff members are trained in the effective use of personal protective equipment, thorough sterile hand washing and disinfectant use to maintain safety amongst both our staff, and clients and their pets.
Here at Ready Vet, our team is committed to providing our patients and clients with the highest-level continued care throughout this challenging and ever-evolving time. We thank you for your help and understanding in achieving this, and for your continued support.
Our staff are always here to help, so please do not hesitate to contact us on (07) 4091 7556 with any questions.
Team Ready Vet